Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Challenge: favorite Embellishment

Happy Tuesday!!! Here we are for another Going Grey challenge, and this week we have a super easy challenge for you....This week we want to see what you can create with your favorite embellishment.  This was an easy one for me, as I use the gems as my "go to" embellishment, which makes it my favorite.  I definitely consider myself embellishment challenges, so the gems are an easy embellishment for me to use and fill empty space.  My second favorite is ribbon, which I used on my card.
  What do you like better, Digi images or Rubber stamps???? I would say, I am right in the middle.  They both have their benefits, but the thing I like best about digi is the ability to change the size of the image, which I did in today's project.  I used Rick St. Dennis's Basket of Love Digi, and sized it to fit both my card, and my candy holder, which just happens to be a McDonald's kids meal fry container, which I altered.  I can't help myself, I see containers and think..hmmmm..what can I do with that.  Anyway, I was able to alter the size to fit both my card, and candy holder, and that is the main reason I love digi images. Why do you love Digis, or do you????
 
   I'm not sure about you, but I am completely over winter. I have had it with the snow, ice, and temps below 10 degrees, and with that being said, last weeks Snowman challenge TOP 3 are:

                                                                                  Deanne

                                                                           Hazel

                                                                               Liz

Fabulous cards ladies Please feel free to grab the I made TOP 3 banner on the right of my blog!

 

Feast your eyes on the DT's amazing"Embellishment" projects!

                                                                           Peggy

                                                                            Vallou

Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have 2 weeks on Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 in 2 weeks, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC170....Have a great day and happy creating!

6 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Thank you for the fun challenge and the beautiful DT work for added inspiration! :)

Hazel said...

Thanks for including my card in the top 3 x

Basement Stamper said...

such a cute set, love what you did with this and your coloring looks amazing!

Liz Miller said...

Thank you for choosing my entry as one of the top three for your Snowmen challenge. I can never resist a cute snowman stamp. Thanks to the organisers of the challenge and the DT for their inspiration.
Liz xx

Unknown said...

Love the altered fry box! That and the card make a great combo. (See what I did there? McDonalds...combo. Hehehe.)
I'm right there with you on loving the ability to re-size digis.
Thanks for the fun challenge!
hugs--
Roberta
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

Liz Miller said...

Just checked back to find that my entry had been chosen as one of your top 3 for the Snowman Challenge. Many thanks to all who organised this challenge and provided the inspiration. Absolutely delighted.
Liz xxx