Monday, December 1, 2014

A little Edgar Allan Poe (well sort of)....



Happy December 1st! It sure has been a long time since I have been able to post.  School has been killing me.  I should have never taken three classes this semester.  It was entirely too much, but the good news, my semester ends this week and I will finish, with all "A"s.  It will be so nice to have a break from nursing papers, and research projects.  I am completely looking forward to getting crafty, as soon as it is over.  I have even started prepping a Christmas craft project, which I have given you a peek below!
You will have to stay tuned for the finish projects :)
             Today I am sharing my card for last weeks Stampotique Originals Designers challenge. 
 
Kay is our hostess this week and she has a fun challenge for us this week:

"My challenge this week is a simple one, but requires a bit of research on your part.  Just as many of the Stampotique Originals' artists design stamps that might be described as a bit "quirky," so, too, was Edgar Allan Poe a bit quirky.  He is a well known author and poet, living from 1809-1849.  His quotes range from the romantic to the melancholy, and from the thoughtful to the murderous!  The choice is yours.  Allow yourself some time this week to combine a quote from Edgar Allan Poe with one or more stamped images to create something unique!"
              So, when I think of Edgar Allan Poe, I think "dark and a bit crazy", so I went with one of Edgar's quotes, and combined it with Buru, and combined him with Arwens Memo Page and came out with this mini journal page.  This was a fun challenge, and I hop you will join us over at Stampotique Originals.!

2 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Kristen, this is a perfect combination of stamps and Poe quote!! Love how you used Arwen's "Memo Page" as your backdrop for Buru (isn't he just the coolest?). Enjoy your break from classes...you scored big this semester! Congrats!

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous, Kristen !
Corrie x